Thursday, May 31, 2007

I've quit!!!

Finally, I put in my papers today; I initiated the e-separation procedure after discussions with my manager and the senior manager.

I had informed them about my plans almost 2 months ago; So it was a mere formality today. Originally I was supposed to resign around mid-June but looking at some recent developments I decided to advance the date. I would still be working for almost 2 more months. My final date in Infy should be 3rd August.

The main reason behind advancing the date is to speed up the process of finding my replacement. Even though my manager had told the resource manager about my exit plan a month ago and had asked for a replacement, nothing has happened till date. So we decided that I formally put in my papers early to put pressure on the resource manager!! Let's see how soon he finds my replacement.

I have also informed my onsite manager but he hasn't conveyed this news to the client yet. The client expects me to give them a period of 4-6 weeks for smooth transition. I am giving them 8 weeks which should be more than enough.

Hopefully, the workload will decrease now and I'll have some free time to concentrate on learning French and reading some other stuff.

1 comment:

Forrest Gump said...

thanks. yes, i am all set for chicago. getting scared of the immense cold i am gonna face there ;))